The Envoy 13 and 17 are the fourth generation of messenger bags from Vanquest, expanding on an already solid platform
The Envoy series builds on the previous three generations of their messenger bags with some well though out upgrades and listening to customer back about things they’d like to see added.
For our purposes we selected a Envoy 13, it’s the smaller of two bags and rated for a 13″ laptop. You guessed it, the Envoy 17 is a nod to the 17″ laptop it can hold.
For me a smaller messenger bag is honestly the way to go, it still holds a ton of stuff. If you are in need of the longer length, the 17 would still be a great choice, just keep in mind it is a bigger bag and, again for me, I like my messenger bags on the more discrete side.
Vanquest isn’t a new name for us, in fact they’ve become our go-to bags for two main reasons, they are well thought out and extremely durable. The Trident 31, has been with us for nearly two and a half years at this point.
Last January I did the math and the Trident 31 traveled over 25,000 with us in the first two years I had it.
Not a stitch out of place and it still looks fantasic, even after years of use and abuse and being able to most of the stains out.
We’ll put the full stats for the Envoy 13 down below but the main two are an outside diameter of 11″ (H) x 16″ (W) x 6″ (D) and for the main interior compartment inside 10″ (H) x 14″ (W) x 5.5″ (D).
The main body is made of 500D and the bottom of the bag made of 1,000 D Cordura. This combo allows for a tougher base and also helps to shed pounds for the body of the bag. The Envoy 13 comes in at 2.65 pounds.
Interior materials are a combination of 210 Ripstop Nylon and quilted loop. The Ripstop nylon helps as a moisture barrier to the outside of the bag, which is also treated with a water repellent.
Other exterior features are a completely ambidextrous design for switching from left to right sided carry, removable straps and padded handles. Hypalon and loop faced hypalon allow for mounting accessories and also keeping a low profile if you aren’t using them.
22 organizational pockets and compartments round out the Envoy
Take a moment to check out the full video review-
Full 30 –
- NEW: Structured front flap with low profile MOLLE-Air and Hypalon light mount
- NEW: Ambidextrous & Collapsible side water bottle pocket with low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air panel
- NEW: Quilted full Loop lined panels inside Main and CCW Compartment for accessory attachment, now padded divider compatible
- NEW: Enhanced access to CCW/accessory back pocket
- NEW: Ergonomic Non-slip, adjustable shoulder pad
- NEW: Tough 1000-D on the bottom lightweight 500-D CORDURA for the body
- Net Weight: 2.65 pounds | 1202 grams
- Exterior Size: 11″ (H) x 16″ (W) x 6″ (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 10″ (H) x 14″ (W) x 5.5″ (D)
- Fully padded quilted loop lined main compartment for attachment
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior
- Padded sleeve compartment for a tablet or a laptop up to 13″ (9.5” H x 12” W x 1” D)
- Improved padded top grab handles
- 22 organizing compartments and slots
- Ambidextrous design
- Luggage handle pass through with zippered pocket
- MOLLE/PALS spec panels for accessory attachment
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D for the body treated with Durable Water Repellant
- Genuine MADE-IN-USA MultiCam-Black Cordura® by Crye Precision™
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection
- Hypalon & Loop faced MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer
- Spartan molded zipper loops
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread